IMPORTANT COVID-19 OUTBREAK INFORMATION
We will be updating this page as new information comes out pertaining to COVID-19 and our office. Below you will find information on:
- Some of our medication changes that are recommended in light of the recent outbreak.
- Updates about TELEDERMATOLOGY at our office- now covered with insurance!
- Updates about our office operations.
- FOR ALL PATIENTS ON INJECTABLE BIOLOGICS FOR PSORIASIS AND ECZEMA
These immunosuppressive medications could theoretically increase your chances for a severe viral infection including coronavirus infections. We are currently recommending that all patients on these medications temporarily discontinue and schedule a teledermatology visit with our providers this week to discuss management of their conditions.
- FOR ALL PATIENTS ON SPIRONOLACTONE FOR HAIR THINNING OR ACNE
This medication can theoretically increase the number of receptors on cells that the coronavirus can use to enter the body. This is completely theoretical and unproven but we are currently recommending that all patients temporarily discontinue their spironolactone and schedule a teledermatology visit with our providers this week to discuss management of their conditions.
* TELEDERMATOLOGY AT OUR OFFICE
- Now likely to be covered by your insurance. We are capping cost for self-pay and all insurance patients to $95 for now to encourage use.
- No software to download. No account that needs to be generated. You are sent a link by text or email and its simple to start your session.
- HIPAA Privacy Security
- Please note that almost all prescription refills and dermatological issues will necessitate a teledermatology visit from this point on and for the near future as we will not have the staffing and capability to handle clinically related messages and concerns outside of these visits. We are instructing all staff to just schedule all patients for a visit.
To Schedule an Appointment:
Call 212-444-8204 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM- 5:30 PM
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime
- ESSENTIAL VISTS TO OUR OFFICE
We will be open to see our patients for limited hours to see essential visits and complete necessary procedures. Very high level disinfection is used prior to and after each visit to our office on all contact surfaces. In order to properly disinfect we are spacing appointments apart from each other. To minimize staff exposure to the environment we will be having almost the entire staff working remotely. We ask for your patience as we will need to manage phone calls, emails, and even the check-in and check-out process remotely.
Rest assured- we are here for you! We are all in this together!
Wishing you health, safety, and calmness,
The Dermatology & Laser Group