- Accuracy: We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information on our website. We regularly review and update our content, and we make every effort to correct any errors or omissions as soon as they are brought to our attention.
- Objectivity: We aim to provide objective and unbiased information on our website. As an expert Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Arash Akhavan expresses his opinions on different medical devices and products that he has experienced with and presents the information with objectivity in mind.
- Fairness: We treat all users of our website with respect. We avoid making discriminatory or offensive statements, and we do not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Transparency: We are transparent about our publishing practices. We disclose any potential conflicts of interest, and we make it clear when we are sponsored by or affiliated with a particular organization.
- Privacy: We respect the privacy of our users. We do not collect or share personal information without the user’s consent.
- Liability: We are not liable for any errors or omissions in the information on our website. We also disclaim any responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of our website.
We hope that this Site Policies Section provides you with a clear understanding of our publishing principles. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ownership and Funding Information
The website https://dermatologyandlasergroup.com is owned and operated by Dermatology and Laser Group, a medical practice located in New York, NY.
Dermatology and Laser Group is funded by patient fees.
Conflicts of Interest
The Dermatology and Laser Group strives to provide unbiased and objective information on its website. It is important to note that the practice does not receive funding from pharmaceutical companies or other organizations that have a vested interest in the promotion of certain products or services. In order to avoid conflicts of interest, The Dermatology and Laser Group has a policy of disclosing any potential conflicts of interest on its website.
The information on the website https://dermatologyandlasergroup.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please consult with a doctor or other healthcare provider.
Actionable Feedback Policy
The Dermatology and Laser Group values feedback from our patients and website visitors. We believe that feedback helps us improve our services and provide a better experience for everyone.
We define actionable feedback as feedback that is specific, constructive, and helpful. It should be focused on the behavior or outcome that you want to change, not on the person or their personality.
To provide actionable feedback, please:
- Be specific about what you are asking for or what you would like to see changed.
- Avoid making personal attacks or generalizations.
- Be constructive and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Be respectful of the person or people you are providing feedback to.
We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to address it in a timely manner.
Here are some examples of actionable feedback:
- “The website is difficult to navigate. I would like to see a clearer and more organized layout.”
- “The wait time for appointments is too long. I would like to see more appointment availability.”
- “The staff was not very friendly. I would like to see more staff training on customer service.”
Here are some examples of feedback that is not actionable:
- “The website is terrible.”
- “The staff is rude.”
- “I’m never coming back here again.”
The Dermatology and Laser Group strives to provide accurate and up-to-date information on its website. However, it is inevitable that errors will sometimes occur. If you find an error on our website, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will investigate the error and make a correction as soon as possible. We appreciate your help in keeping our website accurate and up-to-date.
Here are some things to keep in mind when reporting an error:
- Be as specific as possible about the error.
- Provide the URL of the page where the error is located.
- If possible, provide a screenshot of the error.
- If you are reporting a factual error, please provide a source for the correct information.
We appreciate your help in keeping our website accurate and up-to-date.
Here are some examples of errors that you can report:
- Typos or grammatical errors
- Incorrect information, such as a wrong address or phone number
- Broken links
- Outdated information
Here are some examples of errors that you should not report:
- Personal opinions or beliefs
- Expressions of emotion, such as anger or frustration
The Dermatology and Laser Group is committed to conducting its business in an ethical manner. We believe that ethical behavior is essential to building trust and credibility with our patients, website visitors, and other stakeholders.
Our ethics policy is based on the following principles:
- Honesty and transparency: We will always be honest and transparent in our dealings with others. We will not make any false or misleading statements, and we will disclose any potential conflicts of interest.
- Respect: We will treat everyone with respect, regardless of their age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics.
- Fairness: We will always act fairly in our dealings with others. We will not discriminate against anyone, and we will not take advantage of anyone.
- Responsibility: We will take responsibility for our actions. We will not blame others for our mistakes, and we will take steps to correct our mistakes when they happen.
We believe that these principles are essential to building a strong and ethical organization. We are committed to upholding these principles in all of our dealings with others.
Here are some specific examples of how we uphold our ethics policy:
- We only publish accurate and up-to-date information on our website.
- We disclose any potential conflicts of interest on our website.
- We treat all website visitors with respect, regardless of their background.
- We do not discriminate against anyone in our hiring practices.
- We take steps to correct any mistakes that we make.
We are committed to continuously improving our ethics policy and practices. We welcome feedback from our patients, website visitors, and other stakeholders. If you have any concerns about our ethics, please contact us at email@example.com.
Diversity Policy – Staffing
The Dermatology and Laser Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity is essential to providing excellent patient care and to building a strong and vibrant organization.
Our diversity policy is based on the following principles:
- We value the different perspectives and experiences that our employees bring to the workplace.
- We are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and respected.
- We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
- We will actively recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- We will provide training on diversity and inclusion to all employees.
We believe that these principles will help us create a workplace where everyone can thrive.
Here are some specific examples of how we uphold our diversity policy:
- We have a diverse workforce, representing a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- We have a code of conduct that prohibits discrimination and harassment.
- We have a diversity and inclusion training program for all employees.
- We celebrate diversity in our workplace through events and initiatives.
We are committed to continuously improving our diversity policy and practices. We welcome feedback from our employees, patients, and other stakeholders. If you have any concerns about our diversity policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Diversity – Editorial Content
The Dermatology and Laser Group is committed to creating editorial content that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that diversity of perspectives is essential to providing accurate and balanced information to our readers.
Our diversity policy in editorial content is based on the following principles:
- We will seek out and include a variety of voices and perspectives in our editorial content.
- We will avoid stereotypes and generalizations.
- We will be mindful of the language we use and avoid terms that are offensive or discriminatory.
- We will be transparent about our editorial process and make it clear when we are representing the views of others.
We believe that these principles will help us create editorial content that is fair, accurate, and inclusive.
Here are some specific examples of how we uphold our diversity policy in editorial content:
- We have a diverse team of editors and writers who represent a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- We regularly seek out guest contributors from a variety of backgrounds.
- We use a variety of sources to gather information, including those from underrepresented communities.
- We have a code of conduct for our editors and writers that prohibits discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to continuously improving our diversity policy in editorial content. We welcome feedback from our readers and other stakeholders. If you have any concerns about our diversity policy in editorial content, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Arash Akhavan, MD is founder and owner of The Dermatology and Laser Group, one of the top centers for cosmetic procedures in New York City for over a decade. Arash Akhavan, MD, FAAD is a Board Certified Dermatologist and an Associate Professor at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Akhavan is a Castle Connolly Top Doc, New York Magazine Best Doctor, and Super Doctor featured in The New York Times. Dr. Akhavan is a key opinion leader that has been featured on hundreds of media publications including The New York Times, Allure, Marie Claire, Women’s Health, Cosmopolitan, ABC News, Fox News, Fox 5, NY1, WPIX, and more. He has been featured on nationally syndicated television programs such as The Doctors.
Dr. Akhavan serves as an educator and lecturer for multiple aesthetic device and injectable companies. This allows his office access to newer technologies at an earlier date than other offices, as well as a higher level of expertise in the use of these devices. This, in turn, translates to more effective and safer treatments for our patients.