How Ultherapy Makes You More Attractive
Would you love to rejuvenate your face and neck, but are you afraid to go under the knife? There are other options!
You might already know that Ultherapy, often referred to as a non-invasive and non-surgical alternative to facelifts, can take years off your face and neck. However, did you also know that off-label applications can bring the benefits of Ultherapy to other areas of the body that are especially prone to sagging and wrinkling?
There are many mechanisms of high-intensity ultrasound that work to tighten, rejuvenate, and lift your skin. Keep reading to discover the benefits!
What Areas of Skin Can This Non-Surgical Lift Target?
Ultherapy is the gold standard in the non-invasive and non-surgical rejuvenation of the skin. The procedure is currently FDA-approved to lift and tighten the aging skin of the face, neck, and chest — with impressive results!
Dermatologists around the country successfully and safely use this revolutionary procedure to treat other areas, too, and clinical trials mean that Ultherapy will likely become FDA-approved for more extensive use.
Off-label uses broaden Ultherapy’s applications, and the Dermatology and Laser Group can expertly use Ultherapy to:
- Improve the appearance of loose and sagging skin under the arms.
- Tighten the skin around the belly button.
- Rejuvenate the skin above the knees, getting you ready for short summer dresses.
- Tighten your buttocks.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to direct heat pulses at the targeted areas, stimulating natural collagen production within the skin and improving the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging.
The results unfold in stages, and although you will enjoy younger and tighter skin immediately after Ultherapy, you’ll continue to notice improvement over time:
- Inflammation, the first post-Ultherapy stage, summons white blood cells called macrophages to the treated area. This process begins right after your treatment and continues for 70 days, repairing your tired skin and giving you a youthful look.
- Your skin begins to make new collagen, which gives your skin its elasticity, immediately after Ultherapy. This is the Proliferation stage of the treatment, and your collagen production can increase as much as 42 percent, leading to effective skin tightening on targeted areas.
- Maturation continues 12 months after Ultherapy. Type III collagen is gradually replaced with stronger Type I collagen, which tightens the skin and dramatically reduces sagging.
The procedure lasts only 30 to 90 minutes, doesn’t require anesthesia, and doesn’t involve extensive preparation. Best of all, you can immediately get back to your normal activities and enjoy visible improvements right away.
How Does Ultherapy Make You More Attractive?
The focused ultrasound energy Ultherapy uses goes more than skin-deep. The Board Certified Dermatologists at the Dermatology and Laser Group expertly aim the therapy to penetrate three different layers — the muscle, skin, and wrinkles.
The technique allows the dermatologist to visualize areas that require additional attention, resulting in impressive anti-aging results that truly appear to turn back the clock.
About The Dermatology and Laser Group
Dr. Akhavan founded The Dermatology and Laser Group in the heart of Midtown, Manhattan, NY in order to be a center for safe, effective cosmetic dermatology treatments. Call us today at (212) 444-8204 or leave us a message and our Cosmetic Coordinator will get back to you.